Miramar was mandated by the founding CEO and COO of a high-growth B2C fintech business to appoint a Global Head of Growth.
Reporting to the CEO as part of the company’s leadership team, this figurehead would have full authority over all channels from SEO, Social, Affiliate, ASO to Offline, as well as using assets from Brand, Comms, Data and Machine Learning.
Our client required an analytical and data-driven T-shaped marketing leader with mobile app expertise to partner closely with CX, product and data science, whilst growing a high-performance team to drive flawless execution.
Given that Growth is a relatively new function in the market, Miramar explored the full-breadth of the B2C app world, incorporating FinTech & payments, neo-banking, digital commerce and dedicated apps from dating to ride-hailing. We found that Growth professionals tend to split into two categories:
- Full funnel experts with broad remits to drive growth and remove blockages across the business, often through ‘squadified’ teams
- Growth marketeers that are more focused on performance marketing and paid acquisitioN
- Shortlist of 6 qualified candidates delivered within 3 weeks
- Presented both types of ‘Growth’ expertise to help our client make an informed decision, whilst achieving a 50/50 gender balance
- Captured actionable insight into how effective ‘squadification’ can deliver growth through powerful customer experiences
- Two executives deemed eligible for offer, triggering a useful debate with the first-choice hire successfully secured
- High quality service has resulted in Miramar being appointed on two further leadership hires